The traditional Christmas makeup look is red lipstick. I love red lips just as much as the next makeup lover, but sometimes you just want to try something different. Red lipstick can also be a pain to reapply after eating and drinking during your holiday meals. I decided to do a look I call the “sugar plum fairy.” I used matte plum-pink shades with sparkling, iridescent white shades. The end result is still glamorous, but definitely fresher and more unexpected than a red lip. Full product list inside,
This look is super duper easy, I promise. Here is how I did the eyes:
- I applied Colourpop “Wattles” Eyeshadow into the crease of my eye and blended it upward lightly. I also applied this along my lower lash-line for some definition.
- Using my Fenty Beauty Galaxy Palette, I applied “Milky Way” over the entire eyelid using a wet brush. I also popped this into the inner corners. Any sparkly, iridescent white eyeshadow you own will do, although I adore the Fenty Beauty Galaxy Palette so much. I love this shade because it just reminds me so much of glittering snowflakes.
- I popped some brown eyeliner onto my waterline using Essence Kajal Pencil in “08 – Teddy,” which happens to be an exact dupe for MAC’s “Teddy” Liner. I think the brown adds a little something to the look without looking too dark or dramatic.
- I curled my lashes and applied mascara. I popped on some Ardell Demi Wispies which are my all-time favorite lashes. They are soft, fluffy, and super lightweight.
This is actually a cult-favorite drugstore makeup product. It’s super inexpensive and it looks good on everyone.
For the rest of the face, here is what I used:
- Maybelline Dewy & Smooth Fit Me Foundation in 235
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in Medium (I swear by this powder)
- It Cosmetics You Sculpted Contour Kit
- Pixi Beauty Blush Duo
- Wunderbrow Eyebrow Gel in Black/Brown
I think the finished look will go especially great with jewel-toned shades of clothing like the bright purple satin blouse I have on in this photo. It is glamorous enough to look festive without showing up wearing a completely cliche red-lip that most people wear this time of year!
What other holiday looks would you like to see? I always love to read your comments!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]