Artificial nails have come a long way since even I was a teenager, with brands like Nailene creating gorgeously natural looking artificial nails that can be applied quickly and easily. My thirteen year old niece, Destinee, wanted to spend some of her savings money towards gel nails at the nail salon. After convincing her to let me apply Nailene’s Nail Couture Artificial Nails on her, she is beyond happy that she did not spend her money on those gel nails. She loved the funky design, and how natural the nails looked on her. To learn the proper steps to getting a perfect finish to your artificial nails,
- Nailene Nail Couture in “Platinum,” is a full artificial nail set that you can purchase at your local drugstore. It includes twenty-four nails in twelve sizes, a nail buffer and file, a cuticle pusher, and nail glue. The Nail Couture Collection is inspired by nail designs straight off the fashion runway, bringing you the latest nail trends. This particular set is medium length, with a square shape, and looks extremely natural on your nails. “Platinum” features a funky metallic silver tip with a black swirl design, and silver glitter. It’s an extremely fresh, modern take on the classic french manicure. As soon as my niece saw this set, she knew the design was for her!
- Step One: Using the buffer that comes in the kit, or your own nail buffer, lightly buff your nails to prepare them for nail glue. Use a sweeping back and forth motion. At this time, you should also file your nails if necessary, and make sure your natural nail length is short, so they will not pop out underneath the artificial nail.
- Step Two: Using a cuticle pusher (this kit comes with one), gently push back your cuticles. This helps your cuticles to stay healthy, and to prepare your nail bed for the artificial nail. You do not want your cuticle to grow over your artificial nail, so pushing your cuticles back is a crucial step in applying artificial nails.
- Step Three: Find the correct sizes for your nails by matching up the artificial nails to your natural nails. The ideal size is not too large that it cuts into your skin, or overlaps your cuticles, and not too small that you can see parts of your natural nail on the sides. If you are having a hard time finding your ideal size, you may select an artificial nail that is slightly larger than your natural nail, and lightly file the sides of the artificial nail down.
- Step Four: Apply the nail glue that is provided in the kit to the bottom of the artificial nail, and also spread a tiny amount of glue onto your natural nail. At this time, you want to carefully apply your artificial nail to your natural nail, making sure to press down from the middle of the nail, holding for approximately thirty seconds, to ensure the glue has bonded to your nail. Be careful not to apply too much glue, as excess glue can seep out from underneath the nail, or cause bubbles underneath the nail.
Viola! Natural looking, gorgeous artificial nails that will last for up to a week. And, these nails have a fraction of the price tag artificial nails have at nail salons.
You can browse the full line of Nailene Artificial Nails online. Nailene Artificial Nail kits retail for $5.99 at your local drugstore, Walmart, Target, and Ulta. You can also fill out a form to receive $1 off Nailene’s new So Natural CHIP PROOF Artificial Nails by clicking the image below!
Curious how to properly remove artificial nails without damaging your natural nails? Stay tuned to Beauty Gala early next week for another Beauty Encyclopedia!
Feel free to use the contact form, or leave a comment below.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]
[This article contains a sample product sent by Nailene. Beauty Gala’s opinions are our own, and we commit ourselves to being honest in our reviews and descriptions at all times. Beauty Gala does not do paid reviews, and sample products are not guaranteed a review. For consideration of your product, please send all PR requests to BeautyGala@gmail.com, or by using our contact form.]