There’s no denying that I love my high-end makeup products. Some of them just work really well and I can’t seem to give them up. There are, however, many inexpensive drugstore beauty products that I use on a regular basis that I am completely in love with. I decided to feature a few of those products in today’s post for a makeup look. With shimmering metallic copper eyes, dramatic black winged eyeliner, and nude lipstick, this is the perfect look for anyone of any skin tone.
[Some products may have been press samples.]
EYE PRODUCTS USED:
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Pigment in “Improper Copper.” This is a fantastic drugstore pigment. It shines and sparkles and has great pigmentation. I use this copper all the time on a daily basis to bring out the color of my eyes. I also blended a light matte brown shade into the crease of my eyes for added definition. I used one of Wet n Wild’s eyeshadow palettes for this (also a beauty bargain!). You just can’t beat these Maybelline pigments because not only are they rich in color, but they stay put all day long.
- NYC Liquid Liner in “Black.” This is a big beauty bargain secret of mine that is no longer a secret! This liquid liner applies and stays put just as well as any high-end liquid eyeliner does. It costs less than $5 and a tube will last me for months and months. The thin applicator brush makes it easy to apply and once it dries down within a few seconds, this doesn’t budge. This is my favorite liquid eyeliner.
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara in “Blackest Black.” This is a great lengthening mascara that will also bulk up your lashes. I’m very picky about my mascara and this one is a favorite of mine.
LIP PRODUCTS USED:
- Milani Lip Liner in “04 – All Natural.” I cannot rave enough about the Milani lip liners. These are available at drugstores and I own one in every single shade they offer. They are really smooth when you apply them and the color stays in place. This is my most used lip liner pencil!
- Covergirl Lipstick in “Delish.” An all-time favorite drugstore lipstick of mine. Hands down. It’s a really flattering beige-nude shade that looks good on every skin tone. You can apply it heavily or with a lighter hand to make it more or less opaque. This is retro 1960’s Twiggy all the way. The combination of this lipstick with a nude lip liner will make your lips look much plumper and larger than they actually are, as well.
I wore this look out yesterday when we ran errands. Our Thanksgiving was amazing because we had family from New Jersey (where I was born and lived until just several years ago), but it was most definitely a busy time. Our family left on Saturday, so Sunday was a lot of catching up to do…food shopping, cleaning, organizing, and we also put our Christmas tree up! I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving. Now let the holiday gift guides begin!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]