On Saturday morning, my husband and I ran our SEVENTH 5K race of the year. Running has been a huge part of my life since I was younger and I recently became very passionate about it again. It’s one of the most fantastic bonding experiences ever for us, as well. We always feel accomplished and super close afterward. Our post-race tradition is to head downtown, leisurely stroll through Whole Foods or other stores, and have a little “date morning” together. We ended up going into Ulta, where I hadn’t been in quite some time actually. I picked up this Ulta exclusive palette from bareMinerals, The Color Compatibles Palette. One of the main reasons I grabbed this was because it was beautiful and it was on sale for only $29. I love a good beauty bargain and with my hair being as bright and vivid as it is, I enjoy wearing a lot of neutrals on my eyes. I’ve got a full makeup tutorial and look, as well as swatches inside!
The Color Compatibles Palette is all about function and ease. There are 6 eyeshadow shades inside of the palette, and they are technically grouped in duo’s so that you can pair two complementary shades together. There is also a blush, a highlighter, and a bronzer along the bottom of the palette with a dual-ended brush. Of course, I don’t follow makeup rules, so I find that the blush, highlighter, and bronzer also make great eyeshadow shades as well.
As soon as I swatched these in the store I was impressed and knew it was coming home with me. I really love bareMinerals products because they don’t irritate my eyes at all. My eyes can be sensitive at certain times of the year or even on random days, so I definitely appreciate products that are easy on my skin. Every single shade in The Color Compatibles Palette is pigmented and rich. They’re super velvety soft and easily blendable.
THE MAKEUP TUTORIAL/LOOK:
- Use the bronzer from the palette in the crease of your eyelids and blend it generously upward toward your brow-bone. I used this as my transition shade because it’s matte. I also applied this shade along the lower lashes.
- Apply the shimmering brown shade (top right) into the crease of your eyes only and build the color up so that it gives your socket definition. I also applied some of this shade along the outer corners of my lower lashes.
- Apply the shimmering copper shade (top row, second from left) over your entire eyelid and into the inner corners of your eyes. Generously apply this with a patting motion so you get a nice metallic finish.
- Apply eyeliner to your lower water-line and line your upper lashes into a cat-eye flick.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
This is a great look for every single eye color. If you’ve got green or blue eyes like I do, the shades will make your eye color pop. If you’ve got hazel or brown eyes, they will really complement the warmth of your eye color.
Here is a list of the face, cheek, eyebrow, and lip products I used:
- Skindinavia Oil-Free Primer Spray
- Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Medium
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette
- BECCA Cosmetics Blush in “Flowerchild”
- BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Opal”
- Anastasia Dip Brow in Blonde
- L.A. Splash Studio Shine Lip Lustre in “Nala”
- Skindinavia Oil-Free Finishing Spray
bareMinerals The Color Compatibles Palette is an Ulta-exclusive and retails for $39.00USD in Ulta stores nationwide and online here. I caught mine on sale for $29.00USD, so check it out if you’re interested!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]