There are many times when I see a photograph of someone and I think to myself, “Wow, that person just RADIATES beauty from all around.” The truth is, the body and mind are very connected and usually those people that I see are just plain happy, joyful, and grateful people. They take care of themselves, their body, and have a routine down that works for them. I thought of 5 Ways To Feel Your Best. These are things I do on a regular basis that make me not only look my best, but also feel my best, physically and mentally. And when you feel your best, you feel like you can conquer the world!
1. Exercise. This one seems like the obvious, cliche way to feel good, but I promise you don’t have to be Usain Bolt in order to feel great. Even if you move for only thirty minutes per day, take the stairs more often, or just go for a leisurely stroll with a loved one or your pet, you will feel good about it. Movement releases endorphins and you’ll feel accomplished. I try not to overwhelm myself with exercise deadlines or I won’t stick to them. If I tell myself to just get up and move for thirty minutes, even if it’s incline walking, I’ll be more likely to do it. Make it enjoyable!
2. Put some makeup on. For me, makeup is my life. It’s my passion and my career, and I get that not everyone shares this passion to my level. However, you wouldn’t believe the number of women I hear that say they feel beautiful just because they decided to put some foundation, mascara, and lip gloss on that day. A small amount can go a long way in helping you feel confident. When I have makeup on, even if it’s just a small amount, I feel confident to face the world, make eye contact, and smile at strangers.
3. Take care of your skin. Have a spa night! Seriously. I can’t afford to be at the spa every single day or week (like most other people), so I have a spa night in my own home every few days. I’ll whip out the cleanser, the face mask, the moisturizer, and soak in a warm bath that has aromatherapy oil in it. It’s so relaxing and it’s a great way to decompress. It also helps your skin to rejuvenate and look better, which in turn makes you feel great. I wouldn’t trade my spa night’s for anything!
4. Dress in your favorite clothes. I admit, while I do enjoy fashion, I’m not the most stylish person you’ll ever meet. I enjoy shopping for clothes and wearing trends occasionally, but I really tend to stick to a very classic style of basic tee’s, jeans, maxi dresses, etc. I wear what feels comfortable and I tend to “dress up” my basic outfits with more flashy accessories like handbags, shoes, and jewelry. When you dress up, even if it’s for a wedding or a special event (like in my picture above), you feel great. Something about slipping into clothing that fits your body in all the right places and feeling a bit fancier than usual is fun and exciting, and probably dates back to when you were a little kid and loved to play dress-up.
5. Meditate and find beauty in nature. When I scouted this double rainbow in my front yard I immediately felt peaceful. It’s one of those reminders of how beautiful nature can be and rainbows are always special when you spot them. Meditation can really help your mind and body stay in tune with each other and keep the stress away. I’m a very, very stressed person and I tend to be very anxious. Taking time out to practice deep breathing really helps. I also love looking at nature for small reminders of life and happiness.
How do you stay feeling and looking your best?
So soft, so thin, so absorbent. Carefree® Acti-Fresh® daily liners leave you feeling nothing but fresh. Get $0.50 off any Carefree product at http://www.carefreeliners.com/carefree-coupons-offers.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Energizer Personal Care via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Energizer Personal Care.
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]