Today was Walk MS Saturday for us here, and I was so incredibly excited for the event this morning. We had been planning this walk for months, and I love when my dad gets to meet others who have MS. It’s always fun doing the walk/run and meeting other caregivers and family who take care of people with Multiple Sclerosis. Today was the most perfect day any one person could ask for…sunny, breezy, and warm (not too hot!). Naturally, one of my 5 Favorite Finds this week is my Walk MS t-shirt that I received today. I’ve also got some other makeup goodies, a pair of earrings I adore, and my new favorite way to wear my hair…retro-bandana style!
1. Retro/Vintage Bandana Hair. I actually did this hairstyle for the Walk MS event today because it reminded me of “Rosie the Riveter,” being a tough, strong woman. I looked everywhere for an orange handkerchief I could use, since orange is the color for MS, but there were none. I decided last night to use fabric dye to dye white ones instead, and they came out really nice. This look is very retro-inspired and a bit “rockabilly.” I love the way this looks on absolutely anyone, and there are so many ways you can wear this! I basically folded mine up until it was a long hairband, then I tied the ends together in the front, just off-center. I had my hair curled and I pinned pieces of it up randomly so it kind of had the whole messy curls thing goin’ on. I think it’s a really fun hairstyle for when you’re going to be active, or you’re just having a bad hair day. You can wear this with a classic handkerchief, a scarf, a piece of fabric, or an already made headband. The possibilities for creativity here are really endless, and the look is really cute with a pair of cat-eye sunglasses!
2. theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer. theBalm was having a huge 50% off sale on their entire website to celebrate a brand new site redesign, and I knew I had to pick this product up. I’ve heard so many great reviews of it, and I like that you can use it on your cheeks, skin, and eyes. The product is so, so soft and smooth, and super pigmented as soon as you swipe your finger or a brush into it. I like that you can use it as a highlighter, as a blush, as a bronzer, or even as an eyeshadow. It basically multi-tasks, and it really warms your face up. I’ve been wearing this on my cheeks and on my eyes simultaneously, because it cuts my makeup application time in half. It just looks so pretty on the skin, and it’s a product that will work for anyone. Can we also talk about how cute theBalm’s packaging is? Retro chic!
3. MAC Cosmetics Pigment in “Neo-Orange.” I actually first saw this pigment on Instagram, where a makeup artist had applied this pigment with a lip balm, and it gave her stunningly bright neon coral lips. I started looking up swatches of this pigment and I just knew it had to be mine. It is a neon coral-pink shade, and I do mean day-glow neon. It’s also matte, which makes it ideal for using on your cheeks and lips too. I like to mix pigments with lip balm and glosses to create my own custom shades, so I’m really excited to use this pigment as a lip gloss. It’s just such a stunningly bright color, and it just oozes spring and summer. It’s practically begging to be paired with some bronze skin!
4. Walk MS. You knew I had to include this into my post! I did an MS-inspired makeup look on the blog, and I had an amazing reader donate to my Walk MS team today (thank you!). I also had a few people come forward and share their stories of how MS has affected their lives, whether through a loved one or themselves. It was an awesome moment for me, to be able to reach people through my blog, especially when my niche is about beauty and makeup products, not health. We were up bright and early this morning, and at the Walk MS site by 8:15am. We couldn’t have asked for more perfect weather, and we got to meet other people who have MS like my dad, as well as family members and caregivers of people who have MS. There were even dogs decked out in orange for MS Awareness! We warmed up to some Zumba, which was awesome (I’m a huge Zumba fan), and then we started our walk. My husband, my little sister and I ended up finishing as one of the first groups of people because we ran most of the route. It was a great mind-clearing experience where I thought about not only my dad, but every single person who shared their story on my blog, or on my Facebook. So today, I ran for your family members if they suffer from MS. Our team, MonSter MaShers, raised $1,335, which made us one of the top teams. I was very proud of our team, and I encourage all of you to find a charity walk that you feel strongly about or believe in, whether it affects you personally or you just want to do some good. Giving back to other human beings is one of the most rewarding experiences in this life!
5. BaubleBar Phoenix Drop Earrings. Oh how I love thee BaubleBar! Not only does BaubleBar have some stellar customer service, but their jewelry is gorgeous. They are, most definitely, my favorite kind of bar. These Phoenix Drop Earrings caught my eye because I’m really into the whole tribal, exotic jewelry trend. This probably stems from my love of science-fiction TV shows, books, and movies, but these reminded me of Game of Thrones for some reason. I love the orange-bronze color and the tribal shapes. They’re a statement piece without being over-the-top, and they are just amazing. I have also always had this weird love for the ever-mighty fictional phoenix bird, and I’ve always thought they were an incredibly symbolic fictional character. I just love how exotic these earrings look. They make me want to throw my hair in some braids and put some cat eyeliner on!
Hope you are having an incredible weekend! What are your favorite finds of the week?
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]